Shadows of the rusty trestle and cold control towers on the Barker. Workers are preparing to swing over the sides of the boat to help secure her to the Minnesota Power dock.
The new steel door of the diesel car shops, built in 1948 and used through the 1960s, as seen from the service pit. On the top of the photograph you can see the exhaust vent.
A closer look at the side of the generator.
One of a few rolling workbenches to keep the thousands of pulleys, cogs, and belts working properly.
In case of fire, workers on higher floors would take the emergency slides to escape.
This is an elevator to move mine car loads of sand to the surface for cleaning and eventually glass production. Below is a flooded equipment vault. In front and behind is a loop through the larger tunnels in the mine. The horizontal braces supported electric cables for the mine carts.
This drying house was full of ventilation ducts, broken scales, and insulated carts to haul powder around the line.
Blast Furnace 7 as seen from the ore yard. Imagine running up those stairs through blast furnace smoke.
One of a few dozen steel bed frames left in the rubble of the collapsing building.