“The fresh snow mixed indistinguishably from the ashes of the half-demolished power plant.”
Though it’s a little unclear what control station controlled what function, these levers seemed to relate to some of the bigger equipment inside the dredge, such as the trommel.
General Mills bought Consolidated Elevator’s “D” in 1943 and renamed it “A,” though no additional elevators have followed from that firm to date. Visible on the right is the first annex, built along with the elevator in 1909.
A caustic tank in one of the unremodeled brewhouse backrooms.
A ship passes the abandoned dock on its way to Duluth. Taconite dust stains the sides of its hull red.
Looking into the main workhouse from the skyway into the annex elevator. But who care? Look at the colors!
On the outside of the steel silos and headhouse is a riveted bulge that does not look like the silos. Inside is this elevator, a rudimentary (read: dangerous) and old (read: dangerous) freight elevator.
A windmill marks one corner of GOW.
Gaskets still organized on nails beside the power plant. This used to be a maintenance room, but since its roof and walls were torn down, it’s not any kind of room.