The top floor of the Dominion Elevator. Acros 100 on 120.
A super-long exposure of the side of the middle of Daisy Elevator, built in 1927. The oldest silos are closest to the mill and date to 1916. They were expanded toward Superior in 1927 and 1941. The total capacity is about 500,000 bushels.
A self portrait from more than a decade ago.
The scale of the grain hoppers helps tell the story of how large Hamm’s was in its day.
C’mon and grab your friends… we’ll go to very—rusty lands…
If there were no other options, operators could climb this ladder from the Communications Room to the surface, after opening two heavy steel hatches, of course.
In the corner of the foundry, this lunchroom was literally collapsing under one small leak in the roof. Tile by tile the water ate away the ceiling. Note the clock.
To run new gutters through the building, some of the plaster walls of the Chateau had to be smashed through.
Bayard Sugar Mill, as seen from the old power plant