Only two machines sit on the rails in the roundhouse, both oil cars. It’s not clear whether there’s anything inside either, but they have to have been placed here before 1970, when the turntable outside these numbered doors was removed.
This section retains water and is mostly shaded, so moss has found a way to live in the concrete.
Peeling paint reveals the room numbers of the past.
In this ghost town where there were brick, wooden, and dirt-brick buildings, the latter fared the best by far.
The Dock 5 sign at track level. Probably as an aid to sailors reboarding their vessels.
It’s not hard to see how Germany could turn these into a prison overnight.
Colleen on the roof.
Part of a furnace control panel.
Isabella A (left) and B (right) were built in 1910 and 1913, respectively.