As the Barker steamed past the dock and island, the sunset casts the shadow of the Taconite Harbor receiving trestle on the boat. Through the fog, you can see some of the islands that were joined into a breakwater.
A printing press in the attic of the Reception Hospital.
The stairs of this elevator had their landings removed long ago to keep vandals grounded.
More than half a century of plans rot in the shadows, seemingly useless.
Gilman had a bowling alley.
On the left is the 1907 elevator section and its 1926 expansion is on the right. Interesting how the century-old silos seem to be faring better. Windows provided light to the underground conveyor tunnels, which were used to bring grain out of the silos by gravity.
Approaching the power station and its giant stack. The stack replaced four shorter stacks in the 1960s, helping with pollution in the downtown corridor.
A closeup of the old fashioned wood-and-iron flour mill, a little while before they were all scrapped.
A bright red light blinks on the end of the abandoned dock to ward off passing boats.