The last time the city sealed this door, they must have been changing out old road signs.
The fantastic red elevator that is Pool #61, built 1928.
A big sign marks where the elevated walkway is severed where Dock 2 used to meet Dock 3, now gone.
Camera: Pentax 67. Film: Kodak Ektar 100.
Looking from the main shop into the boiler shop, one of three attached buildings that specialized in certain repairs. One thing that architectural photographers have to work with is an elongated “magic hour” with ideal shadowing and coloring–this photo is a result of that lighting.
The only thing that signals that this was an office building, rather than another production floor, is the small amount of wood paneling that remains.
A small bunker and blast wall between shell-loading buildings would have provided shelter during disasters, such as tornados, accidental explosions, and perhaps even enemy attacks.
Easier-to-demolish parts of the power plant were torched apart. Catwalks to nowhere meant lots of dead ends.
Pillsbury from across the Mississippi River and Stone Arch Bridge from the roof of the Washburn Crosby Elevator (aka Gold Medal Flour).