Capitol 6 has three annexes. It must have a massive capacity. Note the poor condition of the breakwater.
Sunrise in SEMI. The shadow of Kurth Malt is cast across ADM-Delmar #1. Clouds behind ADM-Delmar #4 light up. It’s cold and the air smells like train grease.
A long exposure under the trestle-like approach to the dock, under which trains still pass regularly.
A super-long exposure of the side of the middle of Daisy Elevator, built in 1927. The oldest silos are closest to the mill and date to 1916. They were expanded toward Superior in 1927 and 1941. The total capacity is about 500,000 bushels.
A long exposure panorama of Electric Steel and Kurth from the roof of Russell Miller B, days before it was demolished.
These wide spools sit atop the abandoned tracks that lead to the train shed, which was later repurposed into a truck shed.
A buck-fifty shot for a postcard stand. Taken from the Stone Arch Bridge.
General Mills bought Consolidated Elevator’s “D” in 1943 and renamed it “A,” though no additional elevators have followed from that firm to date. Visible on the right is the first annex, built along with the elevator in 1909.
The tower of Dominion certainly dominates the elevator row.