The end of the peninsula where Consolidated D was built, aka General Mills A, used to hold a Northern Pacific freight depot. These are part of the ruins of it.
The sexiest feature of Kurth is this steel arch over the silos on its south side. The manholes in the floor open to the silos directly, and flimsy grates might catch a hurried worker. Grates were removable so that workers could descend into the concrete tubes, so a few are missing today.
This elevator was built in 1922 and was used until the passing rails were removed in the mid-1970s.
Local kids probably call this the ‘Shootin’ Shack’, judging by its war wounds.
This seemed to be the newest building on the property.
Instructional film strips on the floor of a second floor closer.
This is a room where the actual explosive elements were mixed. In the event of an accident, this glass wall would give way before the concrete and thus direct the flames and shockwave away from the rest of the building. In other words, the glass is not just to get a lot of wonderful natural light into the building.
In the mine offices, hooks and a board with numbers was the system to keep track of who was in the mine and who was safe.
The American Victory next to M, seen late at night.