A cracked sign at dock-level, where loading boats would be tied below the taconite conveyors. All across the surface of the concrete dock were taconite pellets, like slippery little marbles. One wrong step could put a worker in the water, which is a bad, bad place to be.
William Duncan built this house for his family in 1879. It has become one of the most popular structures in the ghost town of Animas Forks.
From a distance (here, Union Yards), you can still see ARMOUR spelled out on the smokestack in white brick.
In a protected wing of a launcher are these empty server racks where guidance and control computers were stored.
Pipe fittings in little drawers, lit by tea lights.
This little curled yellow thing is one of the last hints that this adobe building was lived in.
The second most important building at Prize Mine.
Standing on the ruins of the burned Northern Pacific RR Freight House. It’s the best place to watch ships move around the harbor. Some things haven’t changed…
Almost all of the doors and windows on the ground floor have been boarded, leaving the ground level very dark.