In its last years, the church had a congregation of only about 100. It opened with 1.700…
2013. As part of the Head House’s facelift, it’s gotten new windows. However, you can now still see where the conveyor-way connected this building with the elevators behind it in the upper right of the image.
Looking above the altar.
This room on the top floor of one of the oldest buildings has seemingly not changed since it was adapted for employee use. Some sections of the hospital were adapted for staff to live in. Paying Patient Ward–where capable patients were separated from wards of the state.
Each room is painted a different hue, so the light reflecting into the hallway carries those colors. The blue padding on the left is for one of the padded rooms…
The power lines follow the street, down to the mineshaft. Everything revolved around the mine, it seemed.
Frontenac’s shaft house is well preserved, compared to all other around it. Leica/Summilux 35/Ektar 100
The beacon was installed in 1938 and removed in the mid-2000s.
Noontime light, long criticized for the boring shadows it grants photographers, comes into its own sometimes.